ROLLER SKATING is:
- TWO TIMES as safe as a playground
- THREE TIMES safer than football or baseball
- FOUR TIMES as safe as basketball
- FIVE TIMES safer than bicycling
(Based on a study by “The Consumer Product Safety Commission” … a survey completed by “National Sporting Goods Association”)
and… roller skating
- Burns 350 to 600 calories per hour … that’s a minimum of 100 calories every 20 minutes
- Improves balance, control, strength, agility, grace, & endurance
- Improves blood circulation throughout the lungs, heart and other vital organs
- Is great for girls (who are often hesitant to participate in school sports or other P.E. programs)
- 63% of roller skating’s 22,000,000 annual participants are female
- ATTENTION: Men & Boys … do I have to repeat this last one??????
Plus … roller skating is:
- Recognized by “The President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports" as one of the top three activities in the nation for all-around fitness. (The other 2 are swimming and jogging.)
- Endorsed by the “American Heart Association” as a good way to protect the heart and circulatory systems.
- Promoted by “Special Olympics International” for its social and physical benefits to participants
Finally, roller skating can be enjoyed by people of all ages and experience levels.
Retrieved from www.skatery.com